Why do I need to time sync?
On both your Computer and your Vector Devices, there are clock settings that are used for a variety of things. At times, Vector devices will not be able to be viewed live because the timing of the device is off/does not match those of the Console computer.
List of Symptoms
- When tracking live, you will see a red Caution arrow in the top right hand corner of your Console. When you click on it and hover over the device in question, it will give you an error stating "Device Settings not synced with Console."
- The impacted device(s) will not display in Active Players or give Live Data.
- Follow the steps in the section labeled "Syncing your Computer with Internet Time" HERE.
- Connect your devices to the computer and power on your Dock. All devices should enumerate and have a white light on the face.
- Navigate to the Console Settings > Device Manager and make sure that the Device Count in the top right corner matches the number of devices you have connected to the Dock.
- Run a Fast Sync.
Once this is finalized, please run a mock/test session with your devices to ensure that they will show up in the Active Players box. If not, contact Catapult Support.