What are Catapult Goal Keeping Analytics?
Catapult's Goal Keeping Analytics allow for our powerful algorithms to detect Goal Keeper specific events such as Dives, and quantify important and relevant metrics regarding each Dive.
There are 2 versions of Catapult's Goal Keeper Dive Detection:
Version 1 uses the original detection algorithm to detect Goal Keeper Dives, and quantifies each dive into a number of combined metrics such as 'IMA Dive Intensity Band x, Right, Return Band y'
Version 2 uses a newer, more accurate detection algorithm to detect Goal Keeper Dives, and quantifies each dive into 3 intuitive groups: Dive Load, Time to Feet, and Dive Count.
Each of these groups are further divided into the Bands associated to an intensity of Dive Load, Direction of Dive (Left, Centre or Right), and duration to return to an upright position (Time to Feet).
- OptimEye G5 or Vector G7 device(s) to detect Goal Keeper Dives
- OpenField Console software version 1.19.0 or higher
- GK.V1 and/or GK.V2 Module applied to your account. Contact Support to have these modules enabled for your account
Setting up Athlete Positions, Teams and Bands to detect Goal Keeper Dives in OpenField
- On the OpenField Cloud, Navigate to Settings > Athletes, and edit Athletes that are the Goal Keepers in your team (who will wear G5 units), and ensure that their Position is "Goal Keeper" (capital 'G' and capital 'K'). Also ensure the Position History per Athlete covers the Activities/Sessions that you wish to analyse/detect GK Dives, by selecting 'Edit History' underneath the Position selection.
- On the OpenField Cloud, Navigate to Settings > Positions, and edit the Position created in Step 1 to be of Sport 'Football'. Ensure the abbreviation is set to 'GK'.
- On the OpenField Cloud, Navigate to Settings > Teams, and edit teams that contain Goal Keeper athletes and ensure the Sport is set to 'Football'. Scroll down and confirm 'Dive Load RHIE' and 'Dive Confidence %' are set with non-zero values. '3' and '50%' are default
- On the OpenField Cloud, Navigate to Settings > Bands, then select in the drop-down menu 'Dive Load' and set bands for Goal Keeper athletes. Default bands are 0-6, 6-9. 9+.
Note for Version 1 GK Dive Detection, set bands for IMA Dive Intensity and IMA Dive Return, and skip step 5 in this guide.
- On the OpenField Cloud, Navigate to Settings > Bands, then select in the drop-down menu 'Time To Feet' and set bands for Goal Keeper athletes. Default bands are 0-1, 1-1.5, 1.5+.
- In the OpenField Console, run a Fast Sync to apply these settings to the Console from the Cloud
Detecting and Viewing Goal Keeper Dives in the OpenField Console
- Download the Session(s) from the G5 Device(s), or Reprocess existing Raw files from G5 Devices.
See Downloading Data from Devices and Reprocessing Raw Files/Session Data for more information.
- Open the Auto-Created Activity (if none existed before Raw File Process), or the Activity which the Data will associate to, and run a 'Fast Bake'.
See Baking Activities for more information.
- Graph the desired Goal Keeper Athletes.
See Graphing Data for more information.
- Right Click on one of the Athlete's Name at the end of the Velocity Trace/Graph, then select Events > Version 2 > Select 'GK Dives' to display detected Version 2 GK Dives, and 'Dives' to display detected Version 1 GK Dives.
- Hover over each event flag for a summary of individual or grouped (if multiple flags overlap) GK Dive data
- Create a new Console Widget of Type 'Events/Efforts' > Goal Keeping Dives to view information per GK Dive, per Athlete.
Note this is for Version 2 GK Dive detection only.
See Console Widgets for more information.
- Fast Sync from the OpenField Console to send data to the Cloud for analysis
Viewing Goal Keeper Dives on OpenField Cloud
- Navigate to the OpenField Cloud, and create a Cloud Widget to contain either GoalKeeping (V1) or (V2) parameters, and load the appropriate Activity(s)
See Cloud Widgets for more information