Contents of Article
- Issue: SportCode File Not in the Correct Format
- Cause of SportsCode File Not in the Correct Format
Issue: SportsCode File Not in the Correct Format
When trying to import a SportsCode annotation file into OpenField and this error is thrown:
Cause of SportsCode File Not in the Correct Format
An update in Hudl/Sportscode software version changed the format of the generated Sportscode files.
- Download and Install OpenField version 3.3.0 or above (available early 2021)
- Reimport Sportscode XML file into OpenField
- Download Notepad ++
- Open your SportsCode file in Notepad++
- Press Ctrl + A (select all)
- Press Ctrl + H (replace)
- In 'Find What' type \x00
- In 'Replace With' leave BLANK
- In 'Search Mode' Selected 'Extended'
- Then Click on 'Replace All'
- Save file and import into OpenField
- If the issue persists, please contact support