Vector T7 can be positioned in the pouch attached to the inside of athletic shorts or to the outside of the athletes compression garment.
We recommend the use of a temperature controlled heat press machine when attaching the T7 pouch to your chosen garment.
When attaching the pouch to athletic shorts we strongly recommend positioning the pouch on the inside of the waistband at the front of the shorts.
This is to reduce the amount of unintentional movement in the tag that may affect data.
When attaching the pouch to compression pants or shorts it is strongly recommended that the pouch is attached to the outside of the garment on the athletes front.
- It should be attached on the front hip, 6-10 centimetres / 2-4 inches left or right from the athlete’s centreline (e.g. belly button). Either hip is acceptable, but please see the below recommendations.
- For consistency of analytics, all athletes on a team must use the same positioning, left or right. We recommend using the right hand-side.
- For optimum performance we recommend attaching the pouch to compression shorts/pants to reduce the amount of movement of the device.
- Set the heat press 293°F - 329°F (145°C - 165°C).
- Set the heat press Spring pressure/Fusing pressure to 2.5 bar / 0.25 N/cm2.
- Remove paper from the heat adhesive on the rear of the pouch.
- Align your garment and pouch in the desired position on the heat press.
- Press the garment for 25-30 seconds.
- Carefully remove the garment and allow to cool completely (5 mins) before stretching or wearing.
For washing be sure to follow the garment care instructions. It is advised that the pouch is not washed in temperatures exceeding 86°F (30°C).
The pouch may start to separate from the garment after being washed over time. To reattach the pouch press again in your heat press machine.
Device Placement in the Pouch
- Slide the Vector T7 device vertically into the top of the pouch. The device should be oriented such that the LED lights face away from the athlete's body.
- For more details about the device placement please see How to Put Vector Devices into the Garment.
- For the most accurate results, it is important to set the correct Device Location before processing device data. Please see How to Detect Indoor Analytics for more details.