Contents of Article
- Issue: Incorrect CSV Formatting
- Expected Behaviour
- Cause of Incorrect CSV Formatting
- Resolution Steps
Issue: Incorrect CSV Formatting
When exporting to CSV, the CSV file displays all the data in one column:
The CSV data should appear in their own designated columns:
Cause of Incorrect CSV Formatting
This issue usually happens when your PC uses different regional settings to the default settings and uses different characters for decimal places and list separators.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options
- Click Additional Settings
- For Decimal Symbol, enter a dot: .
- For List Separator, enter a comma: ,
Open a CSV file in Excel and it will automatically find the data fields and separate it appropriately