What is the Ignition Feature?
The Vector Dock includes Device Ignition/Quick Start functionality to turn on all Devices for a session with a single button press. This removes the need to turn each device on manually.
How the Ignition Feature Works
The Ignition Feature can be used when the Vector Dock is either connected to an external power source or running on battery.
- Plug in Vector Device(s) into the Vector Dock
Power on the Vector Dock by pushing the Dock Power/Ignition Button
- Wait for the Dock to initialize and for Devices to enumerate with the Dock (indicated by GPS LED on the Vector Device illuminating white)
- Remove Vector Device(s) from the Dock
- The Vector Devices will turn on and enter recording mode 2-3 seconds after being removed from the Powered On Dock
- Returning the Vector Device(s) to the dock will stop recording and put them back into an idle ignition state.
When should I use the Ignition Feature?
The Ignition Feature is best used to manage your devices prior to and immediately post training. Returning your devices to the dock (powered on) immediately post session will ensure an efficient workflow and reduce the session file size on the device, by ensuring it is not sat in recording mode for a long period of time after the session.