What is an Alarm?
The alarm feature allows you to set a time in the future for the devices to automatically turn on. Please be aware of any time zone difference when setting alarm. See guide Travelling to a Different Time Zone for more information.
Only one alarm can be set on a device at any time.
How to set an Alarm:
- Connect the devices to the computer. See guide Connecting Device to your computer for more information.
- Enter the OpenField Console and select the 'Device Manager' tile.
- Select the 'Commands' tab.
- Select the devices which you wish to edit by clicking the box next to the Device ID. A selected device will have a check mark in the box.
- Once desired devices are selected, click ‘Execute’ Set alarm. If alarms are already assigned to devices these will display in the ‘Device List’ box on the right of the screen.
- In the pop-up menu set the date and time for the devices to turn on and record, ensure the time zone is correct and select ‘OK’.
- Verify the number of alarms and alarm time displayed in ‘Device List’ by clicking ‘OK’ in the pop-up box.
- Devices may now be removed. They will turn on automatically at the set alarm time.
- Alarms are not recurring.
- Each device only holds one alarm at a time.
- New alarm times set will overwrite previously existing alarm times.
- Time must be entered as military/24 hr time (eg. 3:00pm = 15:00.00).
- Alarms will only turn on if a device is disconnected from a power source at alarm time.
- Devices can still be manually turned on via a button press, if an alarm is set