What is a Custom Parameter?
A custom Parameter is a user created Parameter in the cloud. Custom Parameters are defined by user created equations using the default parameters in the cloud.
How to Create Custom Parameters
- Navigate to the cloud, and click Settings.
- Select the Parameters tab in the Settings Menu.
- Select List Custom Parameters.
- Select Add Custom Parameter.
- Enter in the name of the new custom parameter.
- Insert the parameters you would like to be calculated into the Calculation box with the calculation symbols needed. Type the parameters as you would normally see them in a widget, and Openfield will display it in the programming language for selection. For example:
"Velocity Band 5 Total Distance + Velocity Band 6 Total Distance"
will show as:
Note: You can also find the Parameters from the drop down menu beneath the Calculation box. Once the Parameter is selected from the drop down menu. Select Add Parameter to Calculation.
- To finish, click Add Parameter. Refresh the browser and the custom parameter will be available to select in widgets.