What is Firmware?
Firmware is the software that is programmed into your devices.
It is important to have your devices updated as often as possible, to ensure the latest Catapult Firmware is applied to your devices, as newer firmware will contain bug fixes, performance improvements and occasionally new features.
How to check current Device Firmware version:
- Connect the devices to the computer. See guide Connecting Device to your computer for more information.
- Open the OpenField Console and select the 'Device Manager' tile.
- Select the 'Commands' tab.
- Select each desired device by clicking the box located to the left of the devices number, or click on 'Select All'. A selected device will have a check mark in the box.
- To check the current Firmware version applied to a Device, click the 'Selected Properties' drop down menu from the Device List menu in the top right of screen
- Select 'Firmware version'
- Firmware version values will populate beside each device ID.
How to Update Device Firmware:
- Check the Device Firmware applied to your devices following the steps above
- Contact Catapult Support indicating you wish to upgrade your Device's Firmware version
- A Catapult Support Rep will contact you to inform you if a new Firmware version is available
- If a new Firmware version is available, a Support Rep will upgrade your Device Firmware for you
Stay Tuned! Soon we will be implementing an Auto Firmware Update feature, to allow for a smoother Firmware upgrade process!