What is Firmware?
Firmware is the software that is programmed into your devices.
It is important to have your devices updated as often as possible, to ensure the latest Catapult Firmware is applied to your devices, as newer firmware will contain bug fixes, performance improvements and occasionally new features.
How to check current Device Firmware version
- Connect the devices to the computer. See guide Connecting Device to your computer for more information.
- Open the OpenField Console and select the Device Manager tile.
- Select the Commands tab.
- Select the devices which you wish to edit by clicking the box next to the Device ID or Select All to select all devices. A selected device will have a check mark in the box.
- To check the current Firmware version applied to a Device, click the Selected Properties drop down menu from the Device List menu in the top right of screen.
- Select Firmware version.
- Firmware version values will populate beside each device ID.
To update your device firmware please follow this guide How to Update Device Firmware.