What is Indoor and Outdoor Mode?
Indoor Mode - The data collected for analysis will be generated from inertial data only. Data displayed will be reliant on sensors in the device. Obtaining GPS lock is not possible when the Device is in Indoor mode.
Outdoor Mode - The data collected for analysis will be generated from both inertial data and GPS signals. In Outdoor mode, GPS metrics will be recorded and displayed.
Why change my devices to Indoor Mode?
Your GPS devices must be in the same mode as the OpenField Console in order to ensure data can be collected Live. If the Devices and Console are in Outdoor mode, and the Units are inside or do not have GPS lock, the Devices will not be detected by the Receiver.
Vector Devices do not require GPS lock to be detected by the Vector Receiver.
Instructions on how to change the OpenField Console mode and the Device Mode are below.
How to Set the Devices to Indoor or Outdoor Mode
- In the OpenField Console, navigate to Settings > Device Manager.
- Select the Commands Tab.
- Select the devices which you wish to edit by clicking the box next to the Device ID or Select All to select all devices. A selected device will have a check mark in the box.
- To set selected devices to Outdoor mode, select the Execute: Enable GPS.
- To set selected devices to Indoor mode, select the Execute: Disable GPS.
- To check the current mode click the Selected Properties drop down menu from the Device List menu in the top right of screen and select GPS Enabled.
- Devices that are in Outdoor mode will read True, devices that are in Indoor mode will read False.
- Vector Devices that are in Outdoor mode will flash the Green Location LED until it connects to GPS. Vector Devices that are in Indoor mode will have a blank Location LED.
How to Set the Console to Indoor Mode/Outdoor Mode
- In order to change the mode of the receiver and software, click on your OpenField Account name in the top right of the screen.
- In this menu you can change the Mode of the Console to match the units by adjusting the Mode toggle.