Connecting to the Master Anchor Overview
A connection to the master anchor is necessary for data to be received live for an inertial only or full ClearSky setup.
The master anchor is connected to the OpenField PC via an Ethernet cable.
Some information, such as the IP address required to connect to your specific master anchor, will be provided by Catapult Support Staff.
How to Connect to the Anchor (Non-Stadium Mode)
- Ethernet cable (x2 if PoE Injector is to be used, depending on PoE Injector in use)
- USB/Ethernet Adapter
(If a USB/Ethernet Adapter is not used the IP address will need to be reconfigured for the PC's Ethernet port if required for other applications, such as internet connection)
- Master Anchor
- PoE Injector (if anchor requires charge whilst in use)
- Power the anchor by connecting the anchor via a PoE injector or by pressing in the power button. See Charging the Anchor for more information.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the anchor.
If a PoE injector is in use, connect this cable to the 'Power + Data Out' Ethernet port of the injector.
- Connect the USB/Ethernet Adapter to the other end of the Ethernet cable.
If a PoE injector is in use connect the USB/Ethernet adaptor to an additional Ethernet cable, and connect this to the 'Data/LAN In' Ethernet port of the injector.
- Connect the USB/Ethernet Adapter to the PC.
If the USB/Ethernet Adapter has yet to be configured for your master anchor and your PC, follow the below steps:
- Open Network and Internet Settings by right clicking on the Wi-Fi or LAN symbol in the Windows taskbar.
- Select Change Adapter Options
- Identify the USB/Ethernet Adapter connection (can be identified by brand of adapter, and will be an 'Ethernet' connection).
If the connection can't be found ensure anchor is powered and USB/Ethernet adapter is functional (adapter LEDs on/flashing, ensure adapter drivers are installed).
- Right click on the Ethernet connection found in Step 7. Select Properties, then double click on 'Internet Protocol Version 4'.
- Set a static IP for the USB/Ethernet adapter as appropriate to the master anchor by selecting 'Use the following IP address'.
- Set the IP address as appropriate and select 'OK'.
Note: The specific static IP Address required to be set per master anchor will be provided to you by Catapult Support Staff.
- You will be prompted with a 'Please add a subnet mask' error. Click OK and this will automatically set a subnet mask. This does not require changing.
- Select 'OK' from the Internet Protocol Version 4 Properties menu to apply the changes made to the IP address.
How to Connect to the Anchor (Stadium Mode)
Please follow steps in the Guide Stadium Mode.