What are Annotations?
An annotation in OpenField is a way to make note of an event (e.g. a goal) and to group events (e.g. every goal in a game) that occurs during an Activity.
Groups of Annotations can be analysed via the cloud by sorting by the annotation name or category. Annotations can also be analysed individually via the Console or the Cloud.
Vision Annotation Exporter
1. Log into the Vision Annotation Exporter.
2. Select the Activity Time Period from the drop-down menu on the login page.
3. Select OF Activity from the drop-down menu.
4. Type the duration in Enter annotation duration in seconds (60 seconds = 1 minute annotation period).
5. Select Annotation Period to A: Generate for entire Activity or B: Generate for each selected period.
6. Click the Download Annotation File for OpenField.
7. .JSON file will download onto the user PC.
How to Import Annotations
- Open the OpenField Console, and Load or Create an Activity, that is time-appropriate to the import.
- Right click on the Activity Bar, and select Import Codes, followed by Catapult Annotations.
- Select Select File from the Catapult Annotations interface.
- Find and Open the .JSON file generated from the OpenField Annotation Creator from your Downloads folder.
Note: A warning will be displayed if the Annotation File has time periods too far before/after the OpenField Activity.
- A summary of the .JSON file will be provided, as below.
- Rename the Annotation Layer Name if desired.
- Select which Categories you wish to Import.
- Select Import to import selected Categories and Periods (if selected).
- A Summary of each annotation can be retrieved by hovering the mouse over an Annotation.
- Sync to the cloud and see this guide on how to report on annotations: How to Report on Annotations.