What is Comparison View?
Comparison View is a new athlete profile view, within which you can compare what an individual athlete has achieved within an activity or period vs another athlete, position, group or threshold. The aim is to be able to add context to your individual athlete's data to help you to understand if an athlete is doing more or less than others within the activity or their own pre-defined thresholds. With this in my mind you may use the comparison view to answer the following example questions:
- Who has done more work? Player A or B?
- What percentage of a match has player A completed in distance?
- How does Player A compare to the rest of the team today?
- Player A looked like they didn't work hard in the rehab group today. How did they compare?
- Vector Live 2.5 or greater
How to access Comparison View?
There are 2 ways you can access comparison view:
- Click on the comparison button from any dashboard.
- Click on an athlete's name from within table or tile views. This will pre-select the athlete you are looking to view.
How to use Comparison View?
- If you have entered via the comparison button, select the athlete you are interested in assessing in the top left box.
- In the top right, now select the type of comparison you would like to make:
- All Athletes (Default): Comparison between a selected athlete and the average of all active athletes within the activity.
- Athlete: Direct comparison between 2 individual athletes.
- Group: Comparison between a selected athlete and the average of all of the active athletes within an individual user-created group. If no groups have been created or there are no active athletes within a group, this option will be hidden. For more information on groups click here.
- Position: Comparison between a selected athlete and the average of all the active athletes within a position, as set in the athlete profile on the cloud. You can update profile positions on the cloud within settings > athletes.
- Threshold: Comparison between a selected athlete and a user-created individual threshold, as set on the cloud. If no thresholds have been set then this option will be hidden. For more information on Thresholds click here.
- Once the type of comparison is selected, you can now pick the specific athlete, group, position or threshold you would like to compare against.
- Finally, you can filter either the selected athlete or the comparison for a specific period.
- Parameter Select - Users can select between a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 parameters to show on the dashboard. The same selected parameters will apply to both the radar plot and comparison chart.
- Data Refresh - All data will remain static at the point of calculation until the user selects the refresh button .
- Show or Hide Radar Plot - At any point the user can choose to show or hide the radar plot completely from view.
The radar plot provides the user a quick view to see if they are ahead or behind what they are being compared to and it is recommended to group parameters by type (eg volume, intensity) to provide a more valuable visual of the data. The following rules apply:
- All data in orange represents the selected athlete's percentage of the comparison set. Eg (selected athlete / comparison) x 100.
- All data in grey represents the comparison and will always be 100%. Eg (comparison / comparison) x 100.
- All comparison set data is calculated as the average per athlete except thresholds which are absolute values set by the user.
The comparison chart shows the absolute values achieved by both the selected athlete and the comparison set, as well as the difference between the 2 values (selected athlete - comparison). It is designed to provide further clarity on the difference between the selected athlete and the comparison. Similar to the radar plot the bar chart shows the selected athlete's percentage of the comparison set.