Why sync Video with GPS data?
Syncing videos to Athletes at a specific point in time during an Activity gives insight to the user on what visually happened during an event or effort that was recorded in OpenField.
How to Synced Video with GPS data:
Step 1 - Set up the Synced Video Tactical Widget
- Save an unclipped version of the video file within a folder on the Computer.
- Open the OpenField console and select the Last Activity tile from the tile console screen.
- Navigate and click the desired Activity from the left hand Activities Menu.
- Create a new Dashboard for the Activity by clicking the + icon the Dashboard bar. Select New dashboard.
- Right click within the newly created Dashboard. Click New Widget.
- Select Tactical.
- Select Synced Video.
- Once the widget generates, select the Settings icon in the top right corner of the widget.
- Select New Video.
Step 2 - Sync the video to a specific time in the Activity
- From the Activity timeline, graph the athletes and click and drag the PlayHead to the desired time during the Activity that you want the video to sync up with. Verify this time with the PlayHead Time: located in the bottom left corner of the Activity timeline area.
- In the Synced Video widget, click the + button beside 'Clips' to link a clip to the time on the Activity timeline.
Step 3 - Import the video file from the Desktop
- With the newly created clip selected under the Clips title (highlighted orange), click the Browse button within the Video source box. Navigate to and select the video file that was saved on the PC, and click Open.
Step 4 - Clip the imported video
- To clip the imported video, use the Crop start time and crop end time errors to adjust how many seconds will be clipped off the beginning and end of the video.
- If you need to adjust the time point that the video is synced up to, graph the athlete's trace in the Activity Timeline, adjust the Playhead to the time you want to sync the start of the video to. Click Set within the Activity sync time box.
- Once sync time is set, select the Settings Icon in the widget and select Stop Editing Selected.
Step 5 - Watch the video in replay mode
- From here, video is synced and the video will play in the Synced Video widget when the Playhead moves over the set Activity time.