Catapult OpenField utilises the traditional SportsCode exported XML Edit List. This file can be exported from your SportsCode software by selecting the timeline (and specific timeline instances) and exporting as a single XML file. Once exported, this XML file needs to be copied to your OpenField laptop.
Note: When using SportsCode, we recommend your coding window include a ‘Start’ code. This ‘Start’ code MUST be selected at the beginning of each period (e.g. 1st half; 2nd half). This will enable SportsCode to be correctly aligned with the periods created in OpenField.
How to import SportsCode Data:
- In the OpenField Console, load the Activity that you wish to import the SportsCode Data.
- Once the Activity is loaded, right click on the Orange Activity Bar and select 'Import Codes', followed by 'SportsCode Annotations'
- In the Import Window Hit 'Select File' and search for your exported XML file from SportsCode
- Click the desired Categories (SportsCode Code name) you wish to import
- Select 'Align Start With Periods' and 'Flexible Athlete Name Matching'
- Select Import
- The SportsCode Codes will appear in OpenField as Annotations
- Perform a Fast Sync to sync up SportsCode imported Annotations to the Cloud for further analysis