Why Change the Main Data Location?
An alternate data location can be set up so when a user downloads their units, the OFD and Raw files automatically store in this alternate location rather that in the default ‘My Documents\ Catapult Sports’ section of the C Drive.
This is set up for users who are constantly having to move files via the Data Manager due to lack of storage and have another large drive that can store their data.
Note: Setting up this alternate path may decrease performance as the Console is designed to be run on a SSD rather than HDD.
How To Change Data Location
- Ensure that the OpenField Console has been closed.
- Create a new folder in your D:\ or in another available drive.
- Locate the OpenField Configuration tool in:
C:\Program Files\OpenField Release\OpenFieldconfiguration.exe
- Double click the OpenField Configuration tool.
- Change the Data Location to the newly created folder.
- To check if this new data location has been set up successfully, you can check by either:
a. Opening the ‘OpenField Configuration’ tool to see if the current data directory has changed.
b. Opening the OpenField Console, navigating to the data manager and seeing if the new data location is visible.