Why Set Up a Weekly Accumulated Load Chart?
Creating a Weekly Load Chart on your OpenField Cloud allows you to view the load accumulated according to the week in the season. Weekly accumulated load is an important aspect of load monitoring as large week-to-week changes in training load have shown an increased risk of injury.1 Recent research has shown that 40% of injuries were associated with a rapid change (>10%) in weekly training load in the preceding week.1
Note: To create a weekly load chart based on week in the season, you must first set a season start date. See Season Start Date for more information.
How to Set Up a Weekly Accumulated Load Chart
1. On the OpenField Cloud, right click on a blank tile from your dashboard and select Add new Widget.
2. From the Basic tab:
i. Name the Widget
ii. Render As Chart
iii. Select Week in Season as first Row Label, and Activities as second
3. From the Parameters tab, select Average Player Load (Session).
4. From the Filters tab, add:
i. Date Range
ii. Last Activities = 300
iii. Optional - Activity Tags = Games & Practice Sessions
iv. Optional- Athlete Group = High Minute Players, Positional Groups etc.
5. From the Options tab:
i. Select Show Data Labels
ii. Unselect Show Legends
iv. Select Use Stacking
v. Select Grey as Default Colour
Note: Selecting the default colour must be done before the chart is created
6. Weekly Accumulated Load Chart.
Note: To view the accumulated load for multiple parameters, copy and paste the chart to a new tile from your dashboard > render as Table > add new Parameters.
- Gabbett, TJ. (2016) The training-injury paradox: should athletes be training smarter and harder?Br J Sports Med; 2016;50273-280. doi;10.1136/bjsports-2015-095788