What are Annotations?
An annotation in OpenField is a way to make note of an event (e.g. a goal) and to group events (e.g. every goal in a game) that occurs during an Activity.
Groups of Annotations can be analysed via the Cloud by sorting by the annotation name or category. Annotations can also be analysed individually via the Console or the Cloud.
For more information on annotation reporting please see our How to Report on Annotations guide.
How to Create Annotations within an Activity
- Navigate to the Console and open the Activity from the Activity timeline Menu.
- Create the Annotation Parent layer by right clicking on the Activity timeline, then select Add annotation layer.
- In order to create annotations within this newly created annotations layer, you must click to select the annotations layer. A selected annotations layer will be highlighted orange.
- Press and hold CTRL and T simultaneously and then click and drag the mouse over the data in the timeline area that you want to add to the annotation.
- An annotation named 'Free Form' will automatically populate over this area once you release the mouse. A selected annotation will highlight orange.
- To edit the name or start and end time of an annotation, right click the annotation or the annotation layer and click Edit.
- Repeat steps 3 - 6 to add annotations to an annotation layer. Repeat steps 2 - 6 if you wish to create a new annotations layer with its own set of annotations.
- Once all annotations are created or edited, navigate back to the main Console tile screen and select Full Sync to sync the changes made in the Console to the Cloud.