What is a Live Activity?
A Live Activity is an Activity being analysed in real time whilst the Devices are being used; this is achieved via Data being collected through the GPS Receiver. Live Activities are extremely useful to be able to provide real time feedback on Athlete Performance.
How to Record an Activity Live:
From the main user interface in the console, select Start to begin a new Activity.
Open the Default Configuration Menu by clicking the OpenField User name in the top right corner of the Console
- Ensure the Console is in the correct Recording Mode (Indoor or Outdoor)
- Create a New Activity via the Activity Timeline. See Activities for more information on how to create an Activity
- Hit the 'Play' Button up the top right of the User Interface; Once hit the button will change to a 'Pause' Button
Start a New Live Period and PIP Athletes as necessary. See Periods for more information on how to create and stop Periods.
When the Activity is completed, stop all live periods and press the pause button.
- Ensure there is an intermittent scrolling of Orange Bars (Seaweed) when the Receiver is connected; this confirms the Receiver is connected and ready to collect Live Data
- When Devices are detected, the Orange Bars will scroll fast/more densely; Athlete Boxes will appear in the 'Active Players' Athlete Group to indicate which Devices have been detected
- Please consider your Receiver setup location and the environment in which you are attempting to Record a Live Activity, in order to receive the best Live Data Update Rates - our hardware is affected by Physical Obstructions and is susceptible to 2.4GHz RF interference. See GPS Receiver Overview for more information.