Heatmaps can be generated in the OpenField Cloud to show where a player spent their time on the field. Darker/Denser colours represent a greater amount of time spent in a particular area.
How to Setup the Field for the Heat Map
- On the OpenField Console, Map the field/venue where the session took place - See How to Map a Venue (GPS) or How to map an AFL field (GPS) (Note that this step only needs to be done once per venue). If a Venue/Field is already configured, proceed to step 2.
- Select the appropriate venue in the Console for the desired Activity. This can be performed when creating the Activity, or post Activity creation by right clicking the Activity bar and selecting Edit Activity.
- Download data from your devices after the Activity has been completed.
- Once the Data has been downloaded and processed, run a Full Sync.
How to view the Heat Map in the Openfield Cloud
- Navigate to the OpenField Cloud and select your Activity.
- Right click on the activity bar and select Generate Heatmap.
- Select to either generate a Heatmap for this Activity only, or for all activities. Also select if you wish to overwrite existing heatmaps.
- To create a Heatmap widget, click on a blank tile in your Cloud dashboard and select Add a New Widget to create a new widget.
- Go to the Widget Settings Wheel and change the Render As to 'Heat Map'. Then click Done.
- Your Heatmap will now display for all selected athletes in your Activity.
- Select different athletes to see the Heat Map change for the selected athletes.