What are OpenField Periods?
OpenField Periods are a defined portion of time in an Activity, of which Athletes are assigned to. Periods are most commonly used to define separate Drills in a Training session, or Quarters/Halves in a Match. Periods provide flexibility to view and filter data for particular portions of the Activity. Periods can only be created and edited in the OpenField console.
Starting a Live Period with a default name and with selected Athletes automatically added to the Period:
- Click the Athlete Boxes from any of the Athlete Groups that you want to add to the Period. Note: Selected Athletes show up as underscored.
- Select '+Period' in the Athlete Group
Starting a Live period with a default name and no Athletes added to the Period:
- Select the '+' button underneath the Activity Timeline.
Creating a Period with customized Name & Start/End Times:
- Right click on the Activity Bar.
- Select 'New Period'
- Fill out required information
- Click ‘CREATE PERIOD’
- Select Athletes from the Active Players Group to be added to the Period. Note: Selected Athletes show up as underscored.
- Click ‘+PIP’ from the Active Players Group
NOTE: An Athlete is assigned to the Period (PIP'd) when their athlete box appears in the PIP Athlete Group. Athletes can’t be added to two or more Periods that overlap.
Creating a Period (Click + Drag method):
- On the Activity Timeline, hold 'Shift' and Click and Drag across the desired Time period
Editing a Period:
- Right click on the Period Bar you want to edit.
- Select 'Edit'
Deleting a Period:
- Right Click on the Period Bar you want to delete.
- Select 'Delete'
How to Stop a Period (Live Activity):
Stopping all Periods at the same time:
- In the console, select the 'No Smoking' symbol below the activity timeline.
Stopping a single Period:
- To stop only one Period and keep other Periods running, right click on the Period Bar on the Activity Timeline for the Period you would to stop and select 'Stop'.