In order for an athlete to connect their S7/X7 device to the Catapult Athlete App those devices must have the correct configurations.
Turn on Bluetooth
- In the OpenField Console, navigate to Settings > Device Manager.
- Connect the devices via the Docking Station or Cradle whilst plugged into Console laptop.
- Check to make sure the devices have Bluetooth Enabled set to True by clicking on the Selected Property drop down menu. If it is set to False, tick the device's ID on the left hand side and click 'Execute' for Enable Bluetooth.
- Bluetooth will be turned on when the blue LED on the front of the device is blinking (or solid if device is connected) when you turn the S7 on.
Turn on GPS
- Follow the same steps as above except under Selected Property choose GPS Enabled. If False, click 'Execute' next to the Enable GPS command.
- To confirm the commands were applied to the device (s), turn them on and look for the green GPS icon. It will be blinking until it finds GPS lock and then will become solid.
Map and Encrypt devices
Encryption of the Vector Device(s) and Receiver(s) allows for the Vector Device(s) to communicate with the Vector Receiver(s) and OpenField Console during a live Activity. Both the Vector Receiver and Vector Devices will have the same Encryption associated with their OpenField Console Account. This allows for data to flow freely from the Vector Devices to the Vector Receiver and then into the OpenField Console during a Live Activity.
Vector devices grab the Encryption from the account associated with the OpenField Console that is installed on their computer.
To set encryption:
- Connect all Vector Devices to the Vector Dock.
- Turn the Dock on and ensure all Vector Devices are connected to PC. See How to Connect Vector Devices to the Computer guide for more information.
- Open the OpenField Console on the PC.
- Keep Vector Devices connected to PC until OpenField Console enters the main tile menu.
- Open the Device Manager tile and confirm all devices appear under the Configurations tab.
- Navigate to Mappings in the top left of the Settings screen.
- Map all devices to each athlete that will be using the Catapult Athlete app.
- Run a Fast Sync. See the OpenField Sync guide for more information.
- The mappings and encryption has now been set for the Vector Devices.