What is Catapult Athlete?
Catapult Athlete is a mobile app for athletes that includes the ability for the data collected during a training session to upload directly to OpenField Cloud. This is especially useful when training or playing away from team facilities and staff as it allows a more comprehensive data set for longitudinal reports on athletes regardless of where they are in the world.
Quick Start Guide
- Create password using registration email sent to you by your coach/training staff. Once you have completed this you will see a link to download the app from the App Store or Play Store.
- Download and open the Catapult Athlete App on your Mobile Device and log in using your credentials set in the previous step.
- Follow instructions shown on the onboarding screens to select the correct device. Confirm the device ID in your hand matches the ID showing in the app.
- When you have completed your training session, come back to the app with your device still turned on. Ensure Bluetooth is on for both your device and your mobile phone.
- Go to the Device page at the bottom of the screen and select Scan for Devices.
- Select Upload next to the session you would like to upload to the Cloud.
- Keep your device and mobile phone next to each other for the duration of the upload.
- For a faster upload, keep the app open on the phone. It will slow down and eventually pause if app is moved into the background.
- When the upload is successful it will appear under the Activities page and will no longer appear when your device is scanned.