The main reasons an upload is unsuccessful to the Cloud when using the Catapult Athlete App are as follows:
- Bluetooth has become disconnected from either the phone or the device
- The phone does not have internet connection
- The device was on low battery and died during the upload process
- The app was force quit or moved into the background of the phone
No Bluetooth Connection on Vector Device
To resolve this issue confirm the blue Bluetooth LED on the Vector Device (located at the bottom of the LEDs) is illuminated and steady (eg not blinking).
If it is blinking it is not connected to the phone via Bluetooth and the upload will not be successful. Try the following to re-connect the device to the phone:
- Move the device closer to the phone to ensure it is close enough to establish a connection
- Ensure the phone's Bluetooth is turned on
- Power cycle the device and try the above steps again
No Bluetooth Connection on Phone
To resolve this issue, turn Bluetooth on using your phone settings. Once you have completed this confirm the Bluetooth LED is steady on the device and try to upload the activity again.
No Internet Connection on Phone
To resolve this issue please ensure Wifi or data is turned on within your phone settings. Once this is turned back on please retry the upload.
App in Background or Force Quit During Upload Process
- The upload will continue if the phone goes to sleep or is put into the background, however it will continue at a much slower pace and may eventually stop depending on what type of iPhone you have. To ensure the upload continues, please stay on the app with your phone open. If you need to be away from your phone please change screen auto-lock settings by doing the following:
Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock > Never
- If the phone goes to sleep or the app is put into the background, the upload will automatically pause. To ensure the app does not get put to sleep please turn off the 'Pause app activity if unused' setting. This setting will be in different places depending on what phone type you have but it might look something like this: