Re-formatting a pod may be required if the pod is having issues. This should only be done after contacting support and being advised to re-format a pod.
- Please let your Support agent know once you have done the steps below so they can complete the remaining steps.
- Reformatting a pod erases the data off the pod. If you wish for the most recent sessions not be be deleted, copy the most recent 5 files off the pod according to modified date (rather than the folder number) into a separate folder on your laptop ahead of the reformat. Once the reformat is complete you can copy these files back onto the pod and sync as normal.
Steps on Windows
- Formatting a Catapult One Pod is the same process as any other USB device. Formatting a pod will delete all data from it.
- Connect a pod to your computer, and switch it on.
- Right click on the drive, and select format.
- Leave the format type set to Fat32 (same as pic), and click start (ensure everything is the same as below).
You will receive a message when formatting has completed.
Steps on Mac
- In your application folder you should have a program called disk utility.
- Within this program you will see the device plugged into your computer on the left hand side.
- Plug in your device and turn it on. Please do this one at a time.
- Click on the device in the left hand side.
- On the right hand panel choose the repair option at the top of the screen.
- Once complete choose the erase option at the top of the screen. This will delete all the data on the device.
MS-DOS is the format you choose during the erase process.