This guide will walk you through how to pair the Bolt Bluetooth remote with your Windows or Mac computer.
How to pair the Bolt remote
On your Mac
- Open System Preferences Bluetooth
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on
- Press and hold the left and right arrows (located underneath the play/pause button) on the Bolt remote. A blue light at the top should start flashing. This means that the pairing process has been initiated.
- Click Connect next to 'XOS RC'.
- XOS RC should now display as ‘Connected’.
- Open Focus and make sure the remote works.
On your Windows PC
- Click on the Start button and then select the gear icon, this will take you to the Settings window.
- Once the Settings window has loaded, select Devices and look for the Bluetooth & other devices section of this page. Near the top of this page you should see an option to enable Bluetooth, make sure this is turned on.
- Select Add Bluetooth or other device which opens up another window. Select Bluetooth here.
Once you have selected the Bluetooth option, press and hold the left and right arrows (located underneath the play/pause button) on the Bolt remote. A blue light at the top should start flashing. This means that the pairing process has been initiated.
- Once you've started the pairing process on the Bolt remote, look in the window opened in the previous step and look for a device called 'XOS RC', this is the Bolt remote. Select this device and wait for the pairing process to complete, you'll get a message saying that your device is ready to go if the process was successful.
- After completion, open Focus and make sure the remote works.
Refer to this guide for troubleshooting connection issues.