A Live Session allows you to capture and log the game as it is going on. If you are looking to set up your capture, check Live Capture - Setup Considerations.
- Launch Focus Client and connect to a Focus Server.
- Choose Start Live Session.
- Fill in the session name and choose the channel(s) in the window that pops-up.
- Choose the correct session type in the dropdown menu.
- A session type helps to organize/synchronize a session's timeline.
- A session type can be set up in the Settings and Session Types tab.
- Choose OK, and start logging your game.
Note: by default, a recording will automatically begin upon Starting Live Session. However, if you prefer to always start the session with the recording paused to allow you to check if the video stream is coming through ok, it might be useful to change the default setting. You can do this in Settings General and de-select the Start recording on session start option. For more information check Live Capture - Setup Considerations.