A comma-separated values (CSV) files are text documents where the data is separated by a character or delimiter to specify the boundary between fields. When opening a CSV it can be difficult to read the data when using certain application, Catapult recommends utilizing Microsoft Excel to display the data allowing making mapping of data easier to read.
The PlayerTek CSV exported report is difficult to read within the Numbers Application.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder Right Click on the CSV file.
- Select “Get Info”
- Under “Open with:” select Microsoft Excel
Important: If you are operating a Microsoft Windows Operating System and are experiencing similar issues please follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Open up the Control panel of your PC using the command (Windows + S). Once it pops up the search, select it
- Select the programs folder and select the Default Programs
- Select Associate file type
- Select the default application by file type below
- On the left-hand side of your screen which contains the file types, scroll down until you find the .CSV file format. Ensure that Microsoft Excel is selected, if not, you will need to select Microsoft Excel from the list