The PlayerTek Firmware updater can enable pods to be used for live tracking with the PlayerTek+ Live App, Indoor mode and is the best version for Heart Rate data with compatible straps.
How to Update the Pods Firmware
- Download the PlayerTek Firmware Updater HERE
- Once the PlayerTek Updater has downloaded onto your Mac, open it.
- If you receive the below error, please navigate to 'System Preferences' > 'Security & Privacy' and select 'Open Anyway'.
- Open up the installer and follow the instructions to complete the setup:
- Once installed, open up the 'Firmware Updater'.
- Follow the instructions that display on your screen by connecting your pod (Power off) to your PC and select 'NEXT'.
Follow the instructions on the next screen by:
- Turning on your pod.
- Watch the left green LED on the PlayerTek Pod flash 3 times.
- Press and hold the button until the left LED stops flashing (approx 30 seconds) or until "Updating Pod" shows up in the PlayerTek Pod Updater.
- To verify the update, please follow the instructions that will appear on your screen:
- Press and hold the button until the left light starts flashing.
- Release the button once the light begins to flash.
- Standby while it verifies the update.
- Update complete.
- Unplug the pod and the app will automatically close after 30 seconds.
- Repeat the steps for any and all additional PlayerTek Pods.
Please see our tutorial video for help when updating your PlayerTek Pods HERE