Contents of Article:
Check Your PUSH Band's charge:
- Charge your PUSH Band by flipping open the rubber door at the bottom of the unit.
- Plugin the Micro USB adapter and connect to a laptop or USB-to-wall connector.
Pro Tip: Charge your PUSH Band for at least 6 hours when you first receive your PUSH Band.
Get the App:
Turn On Your PUSH Band:
Making sure your PUSH Band is charged, press and hold down the top button to turn on. The PUSH Band will start flashing blue as it looks for a device to connect to via Bluetooth.
To turn your PUSH Band off, hold down the same button on top of the PUSH Band until the light turns off.
Pair your PUSH Band:
*NOTE: Only one PUSH Band can be connected to one device at a time*
FOR BAND 2.0:
1. Make sure your Band is ON and flashing blue. Note that the band can only be connected to 1 device at a time so if the Band is Solid Blue, it means it's connected to another device already.
2. Launch the PUSH App and click on the PUSH Band icon in the top right (above red arrow in the image below):
3. Select Pair Band, and your device will appear. Select your device once it appears.
- Bluetooth on the device is not on - make sure your device has Bluetooth on and discoverable
- The band is paired to another device and showing a solid Blue light
Having Trouble Connecting Your Band?
Click the below button to access our Bluetooth Troubleshooting Guide:
Have a Band 1.0?
Click the below button for the steps on how to connect a Band 1.0 to your iOS device:
Setting up your Band:
Body mode Set-up:
- holding the device with the button towards you, feed the strap through the left slot from the bottom (Velcro towards the Device).
- Pull the strap all the way, then feed the loose end through the right slot from the bottom of the device.
- Secure the velcro and you're all set. Make sure to wear the PUSH Band on your upper forearm, the light facing away from your wrist.
Bar Mode Set-up:
- Remove the strap from your device.
- Insert the device into the Bar Mode Sleeve.
- Wrap Bar Mode Sleeve around inside of the bar.
How should I wear my PUSH Band?:
When using the PUSH Band in BodyMode our algorithms require the light to be pointing upwards, towards the top of your body (e.g. towards your elbow if using the arm sleeve, or towards your head if you are jumping).
The PUSH Band may not track your movement properly if it is worn with the light facing upside down (e.g. towards your hand if using the arm sleeve or towards your feet, if you're jumping)
The PUSH Band can be worn on either arm. For the vast majority of exercises, you should wear the PUSH Band on the top of the forearm, just below the elbow. The strap should be tight, but comfortable!
Your PUSH VBT Mobile App will display the proper Band placement for each exercise.
For the majority of exercises place the PUSH Band on the upper forearm, with the light facing away from the hand.
For jumps in Test Mode and Free Movement, place the PUSH Band firmly on your athlete's lower back just above the tailbone. To do this use the PUSH Jump Waist Belt, and ensure that the light is facing upwards towards the head for optimal data collection and accuracy.
For bodyweight and some resistance exercises, the PUSH Band is worn on the lower biceps. Please ensure that the unit is worn so that the light faces away from the hand.
What Do The Different Light Colours On My PUSH Band Mean?
What Does the PUSH Band Track?:
For more information on the metrics the PUSH Band tracks, see HERE
Which Exercises Does the PUSH Band Track?:
The PUSH Band tracks over 400+ exercises. This list includes:
- Real Time Exercises
- Trackable exercises
- Manually trackable exercises
To get the most out of your training, we have created a database of exercises that our PUSH Band will help you track automatically. For exercises that we don't automatically track, you can manually log the number of reps you performed.
We are continuously adding more exercises to our database.
- Select Your Exercise
Six of your most popular exercises can be set on the main Training Screen for easy access. To select any of these six, simply click on them and they will take you directly to the Load Input Calculator. If you want to select a different exercise, press and hold one of the top six exercises or press 'More Exercises' to access our full list of 400+ exercises.
In the 'More Exercises' screen you can scroll through the list of exercises and select your choice by clicking on it. Additionally, you can search for exercises in the top search bar, filter the exercises by movement, equipment or goal, or highlight your favourite exercises using the star icon allowing for quick searching the next time you would like to find them.
- Select Your Load
After selecting your exercise, you will be taken to the Load Input Calculator. Here you can enter your desired load.
- Select Your Velocity Loss Cutoff (VLC) Ranges (Optional)
Directly below your entered weight, you will see the option for VLC Range and VLC%. Click either option to access the VLC menu, where you can prescribe relative/absolute VBT parameters, or use one of the pre-defined ranges depending on the physical quality you are looking to target.
- Start Your Set
You're ready to start! Click your PUSH Band button or the ‘Ready’ button on your VBT Mobile App display to begin your set.
- End Your Set
Click your PUSH Band button or the ‘End Set’ button on your VBT Mobile App display to end your set.