As you return to team environments following Coronavirus-related isolation, it is important to understand how best to clean your Catapult products.
Despite being sealed and protected against moisture, dust and dirt, wearable devices should not be washed or soaked in any solutions under any circumstances.
To sanitise Catapult wearable devices
- We recommend antibacterial wipes moistened with at least 70% isopropyl alcohol as the active ingredient (a commercial-grade disinfectant)
- Wipe down all equipment surfaces with disinfectant wipes and dispose of wipes properly after use
- After disinfection, devices can be dried with a dry cloth or paper towel
- Do not use devices until equipment has completely dried. This includes inserting devices into docks or Cradles.
To sanitise Catapult garments
Following global health guidelines on laundry for low risk textiles is sufficient to sanitise your Catapult garments:
- Core garments (without integrated heart rate technology) can be washed at normal temperatures (between 30 and 40 degrees Celsius) using standard detergents or those antibacterial solutions.
- Garments with integrated heart rate technology should not be washed with antibacterial solutions as these can damage the conductive properties of the garments. Please wash these garments as recommended by the care instructions, at 30 degree Celsius using standard detergents.