Why set up Multiple Receivers
In order to increase receiver viewpoints or improve live data accuracy, a team may want to use multiple receivers to cover a larger area or better cover their existing one. To set up multiple Vector receivers, a support agent must configure receivers. Support can be contacted using this guide to arrange for multi receiver to be configured - How to Contact Support
Important Information before Getting Started
When Vector receivers are configured for a multi receiver set up by a support agent, an access point receiver and station receiver(s) are created.
An Access Point Receiver
- Creates a WiFi network in which the station receivers and the computer running the OpenField software can connect to.
- Shows a blue data light when WiFi network is created.
A Station Receiver
- Is programmed to look for the access point WiFi and connect to it automatically once turned on.
- Shows a blue data light only when it finds and connects to an access point receiver.
- Once a receiver has been programmed as a station receiver, it will no longer connect to a computer over WiFi.
- Data received by the secondary receiver transmits to the access point receiver via Wi-Fi by default but can be configured to connect over UWB by a support agent.
How to setup multiple Vector Receivers
Power on the access point receiver by pressing the power button found on the side of the receiver. When the receiver is powered on the battery status LED will illuminate.
On the computer, click the Wi-Fi or LAN icon in the bottom right corner of the task bar and find the access point's receiver WiFi. The Wi-Fi network will be name 'Catapult Receiver xx', where xx = Receiver ID, which is found on the rear of the Receiver.
Click the receiver's Wi-Fi network and enter in the password found on the label on the back of the access point receiver.
Check that your receiver has connected successfully by opening up the OpenField console. A successful connection to the receiver will be indicated by slow scrolling orange bars or 'Seaweed' in the top right hand corner of the OpenField console. The network indicator LED on the Vector Receiver will also be flashing light blue.
Turn on the second receivers the secondary receivers will automatically connect to the access point receiver if configured properly. A successful connection to the access point receiver will be indicated by a flashing light blue network indicator LED on the secondary receiver.
Maximizing your Vector Multi-Receiver Setup
Keep your access point receiver within 80 yards (73 meters) of your computer or iPad that is running the OpenField console or Vector Live App. Please keep the access point and the connection computer well within this range for optimal use.
Place your secondary receiver in either end zones of your playing field and place the access point receiver at midfield. Ensure that the secondary receiver is not further than 70m from your access point receiver.
Ensure all Vector receivers are fully extended on their tripods and the logo of the receiver is facing the field of play.