WHEN DO I NEED TO RESOLVE MISSING DATA FILES/ASSETS?
Missing Data Assets will need to be resolved if data is unable to be found by the GPSports Console, in the expected Data Path.
You will need to resolve missing Data Assets in order for Data to load (to view, and bake if required to apply new bands) when opening the associated Session in the GPSports Console.
WHY IS MY GPSPORTS DATA MISSING?
Most commonly, Data Assets will go missing if:
- Data Assets (.OFD and .Raw files) were manually moved from their Data Path without the use of the GPSports Data Manager.
For example if components of the Retriever or Databases folder in My Documents\Catapult Sports\GPSports were cut and paste to another location, the files will not be able to be detected by GPSports.
- The GPSports Account is installed on a new PC; The Data Assets will still be located on the old PC, unless moved and resolved
- Data Assets were manually deleted from their Data Path
- The Pathed data location cannot be found, for example a Data Path located on an External Hard Drive, and the External Hard Drive is not connected or detected by the PC
HOW TO RESOLVE MISSING DATA ASSETS:
- Navigate to the GPSports Data Manager
See How to Access the Data Manager (GPSports) for more information.
- Select the 'by location' tab to open up a list of existing Data Paths
- Data Locations/Paths that have missing assets will appear with a red message at the bottom of the Path's section
- Click the magnifying glass to open up a description of the amount of missing/unresolved data assets, as well as the assets last pathed location, found in the 'Details' section.
- Select Search, then navigate to a folder found on your PC where you think the missing files are located, then select 'OK'
- GPSports will then search the Folder and all sub-folders of that selected, and will provide a summary of the amount of files found.
- Select the Target for which Data Path you want to Resolve (and move, if it is different to the last pathed location) the missing files to, then select Apply
- Select 'Move' or 'Copy' to move or copy the Data Assets from their current location on the PC, to the Target Path selected in Step 7.
- Once completed hit 'OK'. The Resolved data files will now be pathed to the Target selected in Step 7, and can be physically found in the data path too.