WHAT IS ACTIVITY OWNERSHIP?
Activity Ownership defines which Sessions are 'Owned' by which User of an Account. This functionality exists in order to preserve the database from having the same activity edited by more than one User at the same time on separate consoles.
- A User that owns a session is able to edit Splits, Rotations, PIPped athletes etc. in the Console.
- A User that does not own an activity is able to VIEW the Session and Split, as well as data (if downloaded) in the console.
- Sessions can be filtered in the Console to view only Owned Sessions.
- Data can be downloaded to be viewed on the Console, even if the User does not own the Session.
CHANGING ACTIVITY OWNERSHIP:
Activity Ownership is by Default set to the User that first created the Session. For an Session to be edited in anyway by another User, it must first have it's Ownership changed to the desired User.
To change Session Ownership from the Console:
- On the User that owns the Session, perform a Full Sync on the console to upload full Session data, OR right click on the desired Session from the Session Calendar in the Console and select 'Upload Data'
- Load the Session from the Console, on the User that owns the Session (Sessions owned by the User will NOT have a padlock next to them, on the Console)
- Right Click on the Session Bar
- Select 'Change Session Ownership'
- Select the desired User to change Activity Ownership to
- Fast Sync the Console
To change Activity Ownership from the Cloud:
- This feature is an Opt In feature - Start by requesting access to this functionality by contacting Catapult Support to enable this ability to your Account
- Once the Feature is enabled, Log on to the Cloud, and select Settings in the top left corner of the Cloud Interface
- Navigate to 'Activity Ownership'
- Filter activities by Date and Select desired activity boxes, or 'Select All'
- Select 'Change Ownership' and alter the User that owns the selected Sessions
- Cloud Sync changes to the Console
DOWNLOADING DATA TO THE CONSOLE:
Sessions can be viewed by any User on the console, regardless of if they are owned or not. Data will not appear for an Session on a User that did not create the Session (or transfer data from Devices), unless the Data is DOWNLOADED.
- Ensure data is first uploaded from the Activity Owner User Console by performing a Cloud Sync, or right clicking the Session in the Session Calendar and selecting 'Upload Data'
- On the User console without data, right click on the Session in the Session Calendar, and select 'Download Data'