What is a Time Sync Error?
A time sync error can occur between your GPS devices and the GPSports Console. A time sync error occurs when the time stamp on the GPS device that was obtained from the connection to the GNSS system is different from the current time on your computer. This is imperative for running a Live Activity in Outdoor mode, to ensure all metrics are received accurately.
A time sync error can occur when the time on your computer isn't synced up to internet time or a significant amount time has passed since you last connected your devices to your computer.
To keep GPSports functioning optimally for a Live Activity, it’s important to regularly sync your computer with internet time and to connect the devices to the computer with the GPSports console open.
How to avoid a Time/Clock Sync Error:
Syncing your computer with Internet Time
It is recommended you install the Time Sync Tool to automatically update your PC's time when connected to the internet.
- Navigate to timesynctool.com and download Version 3.14 - Current Stable Version: Installer: NetTimeSyncInstaller
- Click on the Network Time Synchronization icon in the Windows task bar tray.
- Click the ‘Settings’ button.
- Change the ‘Update Interval’ to 15 minutes.
- Change the ‘If Time adjustment greater than’ to 2 seconds as seen below.
- Click OK to apply the changes and to bring you back to the Network time screen.
- Click ‘Update Now’ to update the time.
Connecting the Devices to the computer:
Please see the guide Connecting EVO Devices to your Computer for more information on how to connect your devices to a computer. It is also important to note that GPSports must be open on the computer in order for the devices to sync to internet time.