Why do I need to move OpenField Data Files from my Old PC to my New PC?
When moving to a new computer, OpenField's Data Files from the old PC will need to be copied or moved to the new PC, and then Resolved once OpenField is installed on the New PC.
Without performing this move and Data path resolution, Activities created before the PC move will not be able to load data when opened.
How to move OpenField to a New Computer and Resolve OpenField data files:
- Open OpenField and navigate to the Data Manager. See How to Access the Data Manager for steps.
- Navigate to 'by location' within the Data Manager, and take note of all Data Paths/locations for your OpenField account. Note 'Local PC (orphaned)' can be ignored.
- Copy or Move the entire 'Catapult Sports' folder found in 'My Documents', along with any other OpenField Data Locations determined in Step 2 from your Old PC, to the New PC
- Install OpenField on to your new computer
- When you open OpenField on the new PC you will be able to view your activities but there will be no data loaded in them. This can be seen by there being no Active Players in any of the periods within any of the activities.
- To allow your data to be loaded you need to show OpenField where to find the data files that you have moved from your old computer.
These data files are located in the folders moved in Step 3 that you now have on your new computer. This process is called Resolving missing data files. Please see our guide on Resolving Missing Data Files & Assets and follow the steps.
- Do not use OpenField for this User on your old computer any more, as it will cause issues with syncing.