What is a Full Session Annotation?
Full Session Annotations allow you to report on all of the data for a session from start to end, including rest periods.
Please note that Full Session Annotations are only available for GPSports console versions 1.7 or later.
How to Create a Full Session Annotation (Console):
- Navigate to the GPSports console and open the Session from the Session timeline Menu.
- Right click on the Session timeline and select 'Create Full Session Annotation.' NOTE: This will create a single full session annotation bar in the timeline area and will automatically add your Active Players to the full session annotation layer.
- Select the Full Session Annotation timeline (a selected full session annotation layer will highlight blue) to view data in a widget for the entire session including data accumulated between splits.
How to Export Data from a Full Session Annotation (Console):
- Navigate to the GPSports console and open the Session from the Sessions Menu.
- Right click on the Session timeline and select 'Export CSV Summary.' NOTE: The data for the full session annotation will export as the last row in the CSV data set and will not contribute to the session total (which is the sum of the splits in the session.)
How to Report on Full Session Annotations (Cloud):
- From the GPSports console, ensure the Activity is synced to the cloud.
- Navigate to the cloud and open the session by clicking the date that the session occurred on from the calendar view. The sessions for that date will populate under the calendar view, click the session to ensure a black circle is beside the session name.
- Create a new widget or select a dashboard to view an existing widget. Ensure the correct parameters you want to view for each Annotation is selected for the widget. For more information on cloud widgets, please see our GPSports Cloud Widget guide.
- Click 'Filter' in the bottom left corner of the screen to open the Filters menu.
- From the Filters Menu, click the Annotations box and from the drop down menu select the name of the Full Session Annotation as it appears in the console. NOTE: A full session annotation filter will automatically apply when you select the full session annotation from the Splits view for the session. Splits cannot be selected as a filter when annotations are selected and vice versa.
- The data that displays in the widget will be that of the full session annotation.
How to export Full Session Annotation Data as a PDF (Cloud):
Ensure the Full Session Annotation filters is applied to the session.
Open the PDF report window by right clicking the << arrows located on the top left corner.
Click 'Generate PDF Report'.
Select the parameters, graphs and tables you want to export onto a PDF.
Select 'Save and Export.'