What are Annotations
Please note that Annotations layers and reporting are only available for GPSports console versions 1.7 or later.
An annotation in GPSports is a way to make note of an event (e.g a goal) and to group events (e.g every goal in a game) that occurs during a Session.
GPSports console version 1.7 or later provides the ability to create, filter, export and report on both manually created and imported annotations.
In addition, we have added a unique annotation category called ‘Full Session Annotation’ that allows you to report on all data from session start to end, including rest periods.
Please see our guide Full Session Annotations (GPSports) for more information. For more information on annotation reporting please see our How to Report on Annotations guide.
How to Create Annotations within a Session:
- Navigate to the console and open the Session from the Session timeline Menu.
- Create the Annotation Parent layer by right clicking on the Session timeline, then select 'Add annotation layer'.
- In order to create annotations within this newly created annotations layer, you must click to select the annotations layer. A selected annotations layer will be highlighted blue.
- Press and hold CTRL and T simultaneously and then click and drag the mouse over the data in the timeline area that you want to add to the annotation.
- An annotation named Free Form will automatically populate over this area once you release the mouse. To add athletes to an annotation, ensure the annotation is selected (a selected annotation will highlight blue).
- From the Active Players Box, select which athletes you want to add to the annotation by clicking each individual athlete box or by clicking All in the Active Players Box (a selected athlete will have an underscore). With the desired athletes selected, click +PlayersToSplit in the Active Players Box.
- To edit the name or start and end time of an annotation, double click on the annotation or right click the annotation or annotation layer and select Edit.
- Repeat steps 3 - 7 to add annotations to an annotation layer. Repeat steps 2 - 7 if you wish to create a new annotations layer with its own set of annotations.
- Once all annotations are created or edited, navigate back to the main console tile screen and select Full Sync to sync the changes made in the console to the cloud.