This guide outlines a basic workflow on how to set up your ClearSky system to capture data live in OpenField.
Preparing your System to Capture Live Data (ClearSky)
- Devices (S7/T6/T7)
- Charge Case or Single Cradle to Charge Devices
- Installed ClearSky System
- Ethernet cable(s) to connect to Anchor
- USB/Ethernet adapter
- Ensure the devices are fully charged. See Charging the Devices or Charging Vector Devices for more information.
- Ensure all anchors are powered.
- Connect the master anchor to the PC. The method to connect to the master anchor of a ClearSky system will be discussed by the Catapult Representative who installed the system. See Connecting the Anchor for more information.
- In OpenField, ensure there is intermittent 'seaweed' (i.e. orange bars next the the 'play' symbol) flowing to confirm the anchor connection. For more details on OpenField and Vector devices see GETTING STARTED WITH VECTOR (LIVE SESSION).
- Map devices to athletes in OpenField.
- Start a new activity. Ensure the 'Device Type' is LPS (ClearSky) and the appropriate 'Venue' has been selected.
- Switch devices on and distribute to assigned athletes. Ensure the Catapult logo is upright and facing out, relative to the athlete's back.
- Follow Recording a Live Activity for more information on running an Activity Live.