What is Rotating/Interchanging?
Rotating/Interchanging in GPSports is a means of excluding an Athlete's data for a desired portion of time. This is usually done during matches where players are interchanging or substituting on and off the Field.
The excluded data in the 'Rotated off'/'Benched' time period does not affect data averages and totals displayed.
How to Rotate/Interchange Players during a Live Session:
- In the console during a live session, select the Individual Athlete Boxes you want to Interchange from the Group, Team, Active Players or Player in Split Box. An active athlete box is selected when the athlete has an underscore.
- From the Players In Split box, click ‘Interchange’.
This will switch an athlete to a 'Rotated off'/'Benched' status if currently 'Rotated on', or switch an athlete to a 'Rotated On' status if currently 'Rotated off'/'Benched'.
- To alternate the current Rotation Status for an Athlete, select the Individual Athlete Boxes and click 'Interchange' again.
- In the console, during a live session. Press F2 on your keyboard and enter the jersey number of the athlete you want to Interchange.
- Press Enter to alternate the Rotation status for the selected athlete(s).
Select 'Show Interchange' in the Player in Split Box
Enter the jersey number of the player you want to interchange
Prese Enter or select 'OK'.
How to Rotate/Interchange Post Session:
- In the console with an session open, select all Active Athlete boxes that you want to graph and interchange. An active athlete box is selected when the athlete has an underscore.
- Right click any of the selected Active Athlete Boxes and select ‘Graph’ from the menu.
- In the session timeline area, navigate to the end of the velocity trace of the graph. The athletes name, number and the velocity trace should appear.
- Right click on the athlete’s name at the end of the velocity trace.
- Select ‘Graph Rotations’. NOTE: ‘Graph Rotations’ is selected when a check-mark appears beside the parameter name.
- Periods of time where the Athlete is 'Rotated on' are highlighted by Green Areas. If no Green Area appears, the Athlete is 'Rotated off'/'Benched' during this time period
On the graph, hold ‘Ctrl’ + ‘Shift’ on the keyboard and click and drag over the section/period of time of the session you would like to Rotate off/Bench the athlete. This excludes this data from appearing in Console Widgets etc
- To 'Rotate on' an athlete, hold down ‘Ctrl’ and click and drag over the section they are currently 'Rotated off'/Benched. Note you cannot have overlapping rotations. Sometimes it is easier to clear the entire rotation to avoid having a small period of time where the Athlete is Rotated off/Benched
Set up a visual display of Rotation status from the Player in Split
- In the console, right click the title ‘Players in Split’ in the Player in Split Box
- Select Settings
- Navigate to ‘Highlight Colors’ and select colours for ‘On Field Highlights’ and ‘Off Field Highlights’.