What is a Device Mapping?
The Device Mapping is the assignment of a particular Device ID for a particular Session, to a desired Athlete. This allows for the correct session data to associate to the correct Athlete.
E.g Athlete 'John Smith' wore Device 12345 for a Session, so the Device Mapping of 12345 will be applied to him.
How to Assign/Map a Device to an Athlete:
- From the GPSports Console Tile Screen, select 'View Sessions' to bring up the Sessions Timeline.
- Select the 'Settings' tab.
- Click the 'Mapping' tab from the Settings menu.
- Select the desired Team(s) you wish to map for
- Under 'Current Device', type in the Device ID of the Device you wish to assign to each athlete and press Enter. NOTE: Device ID's can be found on the back of each Device
- To reassign a device to a different athlete, first open the session you wish to change mappings for, or change the mappings for 'new session' (if no Session is open). Type in the desired mapping to the appropriate athlete. If an athlete is already assigned to this device, the change will be made automatically.
- Changing the Device Mappings for an existing Session will only affect that Session. Occasionally, a Reprocess of the session is required for the change in mapping to apply to the session data.
- Changing the Device Mappings for the most recent Session, or the Mapping list with no sessions open in the Session Timeline ('Device mappings applied to new activities') will change the mappings for that session and any session created in the future.
- If changing Device Mappings between athletes with different band settings, the Device must be plugged in to the PC after Device Mapping reassignment to apply band settings to the Device for the new athlete.